MAH-CET
2021

Maharashtra Common Entrance Test generally known as MAH-CET is a gateway to MBA/MMS programs provided by many colleges like JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, etc. The test is generally favorable to Maharashtra Domiciled people by providing 85% of the seats to them and the rest 15% is allotted to All India Candidates. The Test is administered by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) however in the year 2019, the DTE parted with the process of conducting paper by providing responsibility to Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) and the later on document verification Process also known as Centralized Admission Process (CAP) is dealt by DTE.

 

Official Website:  http://cetcell.mahacet.org/    /   http://www.mahacet.org/

 

The best part about the CET exam is that the selection of candidates happens just on the basis of the score, there are hardly any interviews. The only College that takes interview after the CET exam is JBIMS that too for its MSC Finance Program (not MMS)

 

Exam Pattern:

The MBA CET is a 150 minutes exam consisting of 200 questions. Definitely, a speed-based exam for which the candidates need to practice. There are 4 sections and the candidates can shift between the sections while appearing for the exam.

Section

Marks

Logical Reasoning

75

Abstract Reasoning

25

Quantitative Aptitude

50

Verbal Ability

50

 

Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking for the wrong answers. Hence, it is advised to the students to attempt all the 200 questions, by sparing some time in the end and marking any option of their choice which might fetch a few more marks, thus increasing your chances to get admission in your dream B-school.

MBA CET exam happens in 4 slots.

 

 

Important dates:

Event

Dates (Expected)

Registration starts

January 2nd week

Registration ends

February 2nd last week

Admit Card

1st week March

Exam Dates

2nd week March

Results

Last week March

 

Eligibility Criteria

  • The applicant must be a graduate or in the final year of graduation
  • The applicant must have a minimum of 50% in graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent CGPA

 

 

Syllabus

 

Logical Reasoning

  • Coding-Decoding
  • Blood Relations
  • Number Series
  • Analogy
  • Input-Output
  • Sitting Arrangement
  • Puzzles
  • Inequalities
  • Syllogism
  • Data Sufficiency
  • Miscellaneous

 

Quantitative Aptitude

  • Ratio, Proportion, Variation
  • Numbers
  • Percentage
  • Percentage, Profit and Loss
  • Simple Equations
  • Quadratic Equation Comparison
  • Time, Speed and Distance
  • Time and Work
  • Geometry and Mensuration
  • Data Sufficiency
  • Data Interpretation (around 25 questions)

Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension

  • Reading Comprehension
  • Synonyms and Antonyms
  • Fill in the Blanks
  • Error Correction
  • Para Jumbles
  • Grammar
  • Vocabulary
  • Sentence Completion and Word Arrangement
  • Cloze Test

 

Abstract Reasoning (Figure)

  • Odd figure
  • Analogy
  • Complete the Series

 

Top Colleges through MBA CET

  1. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
  2. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies and Research and Entrepreneurship Education
  3. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
  4. PUMBA Department of Management of Sciences
  5. Chetana Institute of Management and Research
  6. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
  7. SIES College of Management Studies
  8. Xavier's Institute of Management
Contact Us
Mail Us
educationvikalp@gmail.com